Monday, April 12, 2010

A Tent or a House

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Bet this week; which means a tent or a house. For each letter, we have a corresponding PraiseMoves Posture with the verses from Psalms read during our classes. Such a fun way to memorize and meditate on His Holy Word.

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins

Bet, A Tent or a House
The letter Bet is used in Hebrew words for: Inside, Son, Morning, Heart, Bless.

Psalm 119:9-16
How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments.
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.
Blessed are You, O LORD;
Teach me Your statutes.
With my lips I have declared
All the judgements of Your mouth.
I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Thy word.

Each of the verses in the second stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Bet. Because the letter Bet means the house and what is inside, these eight verses tell us that what is inside the person or the family is what matters. To live these verses we must seek God with our whole heart.

Sovereign of the Still Waters
by Olga Savitsky

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Sovereign of the Still Waters
Sovereign of the bittersweet song
of stillness
We come to drink drink drink deeply
of Your gracious goodness
We come to drink deep deep deeply
of Your kind kindness
We come to breathe in fresh spirit air...
Our thirst is so eternal - only You can fill it
Our thirst is so eternal - only You can fill it to
overflow
Yet, where You have filled us with
our Spirit
We have filled Your spirit into boxes
and traditions
Oh help...
Lord of love...we have taken Your
vast
stillness and
Distilled it into solemn silent
boredom
Where our children squirm
And our adults are self-righteous
Forgive our ceaseless own works
And help us cease from our own
works
Draw us into the deep...the
vast...the complete
Draw us into oneness allness
oneness allness
We desire to experience being in
You
We desire to experience being in
You
By Your Grace we break through
the iron grasp of our flesh
And cry desperately for reality -
authenticity
For heart-quickening love
Where true rest can occur

No comments:

Post a Comment