Monday, March 29, 2010

The Ox (Part 2)

Last time we meditated on Psalm 119:1-8 which introduced us to the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet Aleph which means the ox. The first stanzas of Psalm 119:1 and 2 assures us that we are blessed when we align our hearts and actions in obedience to our heavenly Father.
"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." -Romans 2:13 (NIV)
When we worship God with faith and assurance, when we place Him at the absolute center of our lives, we invite His love into our hearts. In turn, we grow to love Him more deeply as we sense His love for us. Saint Augustine wrote, "I love you, Lord, not doubtingly, but with absolute certainty. Your Word beat upon my heart until I fell in love with you, and now the universe and everything in it tells me to love you." Let us pray we, too, will turn our hearts to God, knowing with certainty that He loves us and that we love Him.

Heavenly Father,
When I turn my thoughts away from You and Your Word, I suffer. But when I obey Your commandments, when I place my faith in You, I'm secure. Let me live according to Your commandments. Direct my path far from the temptations and distractions of this world. And, let me discover Your will and follow it. Dear Lord, this day and always. Amen

-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment