Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Hand

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Yood this week; which means The Hand. It's amazing how the same hands that created us fearfully and wonderfully were the hands that created the heavens and the earth, and the same hands that were pierced for our transgressions.

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins


The letter Yood is used in the Hebrew words for: Fear-Awe, Straight-Upright, Despair, Capable-Able.

Psalm 119:73-80
73 Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
74 Those who fear You will be glad when they see me,
Because I have hoped in Your word.
75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
For Your law is my delight.
78 Let the proud be ashamed,
For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood;
But I will meditate on Your precepts.
79 Let those who fear You turn to me,
Those who know Your testimonies.
80 Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes,
That I may not be ashamed.

Each of the verses in the tenth stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Yood. Because the letter Yood means the hand, these eight verses tell us that when we know the hand and the work of God, how He made and fashioned us, we will be able to trust Him to work faithfully in times of trouble. Those who trust in the hand of God trust in His lovingkindness.

He is Faithful
by Anita Vincent


He is faithful
Faithful to help
Help see beyond the problems of life
Looking into the perfection of peace and joy

He is faithful
Faithful to help carry them in his mighty hands
The same hands that measured the waters
Even that which makes up the oceans
If he carried that, surely, all my problems he could

Never mind the mocker
Who finds talking to God ridiculous
He is a sucker for the known, a rocker to ungodliness
A reprobate mind he has got
To know the living God he cannot
Till the veil over his soul is lifted
By the One he mocks in ignorance
The true living God

I know God is faithful
To pardon the years of ignorance
To wipe away tears that flowed night and day
To strengthen faith in love
Which had caused death by its flight
He is faithful I am sure
For all things are subject to him
So He controls all my plights

It is real
The passion sealed
I in Him and He in me
Love me ever
Leave me never
A heartfelt cry of mine
Always answered with the gentle tug of His Spirit
I just know that He is faithful

No comments:

Post a Comment