Sunday, September 19, 2010

To Surround (Part 2)

In the Tet stanza, we see the Psalmist eagerly surrounding himself with the goodness of the Lord. May we have that same eagerness to surround our lives with nothing but the Lord's goodness so that we may be great witnesses of His wonderful Word!

-Raquel

The Treasury of David
by Charles Spurgeon


Psalm 119:65-72
65 You have dealt well with Your servant,
O LORD, according to Your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.
68 You are good, and do good;
Teach me Your statutes.
69 The proud have forged a lie against me,
But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as grease,
But I delight in Your law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.
72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

In this ninth section the verses all begin with the letter Teth. They are the witness of experience, testifying to the goodness of God, the graciousness of his dealings, and the preciousness of his word. Especially the Psalmist proclaims the excellent uses of adversity, and the goodness of God in afflicting him. The sixty-fifth verse is the text of the entire octave.

No comments:

Post a Comment