Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Ox

Learning the Hebrew alphabet found in Psalm 119 opens a whole new dynamic when studying Scripture. We started our study of the Hebrew alphabet last class by meditating on the first letter of the alphabet, Aleph; which means The Ox. Each letter will be given two weeks to study and meditate on. It blows my mind how dynamic God is even in the tiniest details! He deserves all our time, first fruits, and attention if we expect to learn more about Him each day.

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins

Aleph, The Ox
The letter Alef is used in the Hebrew words for: Father, God, Fire, Love, Blessed/Happy.

Psalm 119:1-8
Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the Lord.
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies
and that seek Him with the whole heart!
They also do no iniquity;
They walk in His ways.
You have commanded us
To keep Your precepts diligently.
Oh, that my ways were directed
To keep Your statutes!
Then I would not be ashamed,
When I look into all Your commandments.
I will praise You with uprightness of heart,
When I learn Your righteous judgements.
I will keep Your statutes
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

Each of the verses in the first stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Alef. Because the letter Alef symbolizes what is first or strong, these eight verses tell us that blessing and happiness belong to the person who makes God first in their life and who turns to God and His word for strength.

I Speak Deep into the King David of Your Hearts
by Olga Savitsky

I speak deep into the King David of your hearts
I sing deep into the King David of your hearts
I dance deep into the King David of your hearts
I have searched your hearts
And found them wanting, wanting...
Wanting Me with a passion that passes understanding
As My appearing is nearing
I find your hearts wanting wanting wanting Me
more more more and then some more
I AM your All in All
I AM your Everything
I AM your Everyone
I AM your Everyplace
I AM your All in All
I AM your Deepest Desire
I AM your Consuming Desire
I have searched your hearts
And I find your hearts wanting
wanting
wanting Me
with a passion that passes understanding
For whille you were praying
I was planting orchards and
orchards
of passion fruit
deep in the soil of your hearts
For while you were crying
I was watering orchards and
orchards
of passion fruit
sprouting in the good soil
of your hearts
For while you were waiting
I was cultivating orchards of
orchards
of passion fruit
blooming in your fruitful hearts
I have searched your hearts
only to find your hearts
searching My heart
with a passion that passes understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment