Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Weapon

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Zayin this week; which means The Weapon. As children of the Holy One, we are protected by the ultimate weapon: the name of Jesus and His Holy Word! No weapon formed against us shall prosper!!

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins


The letter Zayin is used in the Hebrew words for: Enemy - Foreigner, Prune - Song, Enlighten - Warn, Bad - Counsel - Lewdness.

Psalm 119:49-56
Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.
The proud have me in great derision,
Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
I remembered Your judgments of old, O LORD,
And have comforted myself.
Indignation has taken hold of me
Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
Your statutes have been my songs
In the house of my pilgrimage.
I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,
And I keep Your law.
This has become mine,
Because I kept Your precepts.

Each of the verses in the seventh stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Zayin. Because the letter Zayin means a weapon, these eight verses tell us that there are powerful weapons that God has given us. God's Name and His Word (verse 55) are our weapons. The result will be that His statutes will become our songs.

Send Us To The Frontlines
by Olga Savitsky


Jehoshaphat appointed singers unto the Lord and that should praise the beauty of holiness as they went out before the army and to say "Praise the Lord, for His mercy endureth forever." -II Chronicles 20:21

The battle is not ours, but God's
We come in song...We come in dance
We are the singers
Send us to the front of the battle
Send us to the front of the army
We are Your priests...We are Your singers
As we go before the army
We sing...We praise...We dance
We sing...We praise the beauty of His
Holiness
Praise the Lord for His mercy endureth
forever
Praise the King for His Forever Mercy
Praise the Prince of Forever
We know that we know
As we sing...As we praise...As we dance
The Lord sets angelic ambushments
against the aggressors
We aggress with singing
We aggress with praise
We aggress with dance
Thy kingdom come...Thy will be done
Thy kingdom come...Thy will be sung
Praise the Lord for His mercy endureth
forever
Praise the King for His Forever Mercy
Praise the Prince of Forever
Send us to the frontlines...Send us to the
frontlines
We are Your singers...We are Your dancers
Lord of Forever love--You are beautiful
Lord of Never Failing love--You are holy
We are Your singers...Send us to the front
Send us to the front in song and dance
The battle belongs to the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment