Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Nail

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Vav this week; which means The Nail. Just like a nail that secures things together, we can rest assure by the name of Jesus, our salvation for eternal life with the Father is secured forever!

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins


The letter Vav is used in the Hebrew words for: And, To Rest (as at home), Lust, To Bind Together.

Psalm 119:41-48
Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD—
Your salvation according to Your word.
So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I have hoped in Your ordinances.
So shall I keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.
And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.
And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.
My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.

Each of the verses in the sixth stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Vav. Because the letter Vav is the nail that secures, these eight verses tell us that the security of God's word and lovingkindness will give us an answer to reproach and will allow us to walk in liberty. That is why we should delight and love God's commandments.

Embracers of Your Fire
by Olga Savitsky


We, the embracers of Your Fire
Eternally meld
In Your Molten Majesty
Your Fiery Fragrances
Are filling our hearts
With the fullness of Your Heart
In Your Presence is fullness of Fire
In Your Fire is fullness of Holiness
In Your Holiness is fullness of Passionate
Beauty
In Your Beauty is fullness of Awe
In Your Awe is fullness of Silence
In Your Silence is fullness of Love
In Your Love is fullness of Healing
In Your Healing is fullness of Joy
In Your Joy is fullness of Strength
In Your Strength is fullness of Consuming
Fire
In Your Fire is fullness of Passion
We, the embracers of Your Passionate Fire
Eternally meld in Your Molten Majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment