Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Surround

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Tet this week; which means To Surround. What I found interesting about the letter is how it is used with the letter Bet (a tent or a house) in the word womb. Together, the word picture tells us it is the house that surrounds life. What are you surrounding your life with?

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins


The letter Tet is used in the Hebrew words for: Belly-Womb, Trust, To Go Astray-To Seduce, Satan-Adversary, Good.

Psalm 119:65-72
65 You have dealt well with Your servant,
O LORD, according to Your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.
68 You are good, and do good;
Teach me Your statutes.
69 The proud have forged a lie against me,
But I will keep Your precepts with my whole heart.
70 Their heart is as fat as grease,
But I delight in Your law.
71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.
72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

Each of the verses in the ninth stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Tet. Because the letter Tet means to surround, these eight verses tell us that when God teaches us discernment and knowledge we will be able to distinguish the good (verses 66, 67, 71) from the lies (verse 69) that surround us. If we know that God is good and does what is good, we will want to learn His statutes.

Call to Trust
by Olga Savitsky


Who can find a virtuous woman?
For her price is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband
does safely trust and confide in her.

-Proverbs 31:10

Call to trust...Call to deeper trust...
Lord, You are trustworthy. Lord, You are so
faithful, so true.
Make us like these sterling qualities in You.
Jesus, my husband of husbands,
with the Heart of Hearts,
True King of Hearts,
You deepen my desire to trust and confide
in You.
Oh, Prime Mover, the remover of carnality,
By strokes of pure originality
You are counseling me to ask that You
Cause me to so hold Your heart,
to so hold Your husband heart
That You no longer have to hide...
Show me Your inside.
I bask, I ask...I bask, I ask...
By Your holding me
You are molding me
Into the shape of things to come.
By grace through faith, lest I should boast,
I am standing under Your waterfall of eternity
I am understanding Your waterfall of co-eternity.
Yes, I glorify...You purify...
I magnify...You clarify.
Oh, miracle-working Lord, heart-changing God...
You, and You alone could change
my greedy, grabby hands
That hurry to pat myself on the back,
Into hands that could hold Your heart
Where You, Lord, can trust and confide.
Oh, heart-holding and beholding God,
Change my heart to pure and hands to clean.
That I may hold the Heart of Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment