Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Door

We started our study of the Hebrew letter Dalet this week; which means The Door. Life has so many doors to open. Which path are we taking? Which door are we opening? Which way are we choosing?

-Raquel

Hebrew Word Pictures
by Dr. Frank T. Seekins

The letter Dalet is used in the Hebrew words for: Judge, Knowledge, To Weep, Religion, Way/Path.

Psalm 119:25-32
My soul cleaves to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.
I have declared of my ways,
and You answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.
Make me understand
the way of Your precepts,
So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.
I have chosen the way of truth;
Your judgements I have laid before me.
I cling to Your testimonies;
O LORD, do not put me to shame!
I will run the course of Your commandments,
For You shall enlarge my heart.

Each of the verses in the fourth stanza of Psalm 119 starts with the letter Dalet. Because the letter Dalet means the door, these eight verses tell us that we must choose between the way of lying and the way of truth. God's way may seem beyond our capabilities, but God can even change the size of our heart.

God of The Will and To Do
by Olga Savitsky

For it is God that worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. -Phil. 2:13

God of the will and to do...
God of the will and to do...of Your good pleasure
I am an earthen vessel, filled with Your liquid
gold treasure
Come to ask, what is Your will?...what are You
doing?
What is Your expectation?
God Who is sovereign beyond measure.
What is Your will?...what are You doing?

Majestic Messiah...I see more clearly
When You fill my eyes with our tears.
Truly, Lord...I am tired of crying my own tears.
Flood me with our heartstream that cares and
hears.
Your continuous compassion...washes away my
false passion...
And continues to heal my mind, my will, and my
emotions...
Which are so full of all kinds of commotions...and
efforts...
Of, "Oh look at me," devotions.

I feel I have been going upstream...
Help me enter Your heartstream...
what are You praying for?
Help me enter Your bloodstream...
what are You cleansing now?
Help me enter Your airstream...
who are You bringing closer?
You have put Your treasure in earthen vessels...
I put this salt tear treasure by grace
into Your heavenly vessels.
Oh, Jesus, You Who store my tears, I see You
more clearly...
When You fill my eyes with Your tears...
As I ask for Your will...for Your to do.
God of the will and to do...what are You doing,
Father?
...what are You doing, Lord?
What, where...what, where...Are You leading me,
Spirit?
God Who will one day wipe away every tear...
for now fill my eyes with Your tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment